No matter whether you consider the purchase of clothing is simple enough, or for you is an eternal headache, or, conversely, the pleasure – tips Natalia Najdenski and Inessa Trubetskova certainly will make process of formation of a more conscious wardrobe, easy and enjoyable. All more or less interested in fashion at least heard their names. From the pen of the recognized experts in the field of image and style was released not one bestseller, each of which is very informative and filled with practical recommendations.
And «Little secrets of big closet» – a detailed style guide includes four major sections: basic, situation, fashion and seasonal closet. The authors learn to make kits for different situations and seasons, the correct selection of the basis of the wardrobe, with a taste to combine clothes and Supplement it with accessories. Plus – interesting sketches of the history of fashion, a detailed map styles, tips on combination of colors, textures, prints, and important information about clothing care, and more.
From wardrobe chaos… changing order
«We are what we wear. Any outfit can tell about us much more than we ourselves would wish. And what is our life, is the closet with their «skeletons». It reflects a complex set of problems that we often do not even realize it. Social status, self-esteem, desire for perfection – all wrapped up in a tight knot with the money you earn and wisely spend it.»
If the search for suitable things eats up a lot of time and money becomes a hassle, while you constantly «nothing to wear» your closet unbalanced. We need serious changes, and most importantly – a different approach to choosing clothes.
What closet can be considered harmonious?
• 60% basic items, the 35% – situational and 5% fashionable
• of the things you can create a large number of combinations and always dress to the place, beautiful and with imagination,
• in the locker enough suitable clothes, so you can be ready for any weather and situation
• buying things, you place a bet on quality, not quantity – in the closet only stylish clothes which emphasize your individuality.
Bright, unusual things, of course, raise the spirits, but in practice often ends up in the closet – not suited to all and not always appropriate. The basis of the wardrobe should be is another clothing is a universal, time-tested, indispensable. This is the basic wardrobe, «he is like a blank canvas on which to paint a new image, adding every season a few trendy things.»
Things in the classical style combines femininity and rigor, elegance and finesse, they look great on young fashionistas, and their grandmothers, of the garment many advantages:
• items in a classic style long out of fashion,
• thanks to monochrome and simplicity they can be easily combined with each other and any clothes
• they approach a large number of situations that are not provocative and inappropriate
• in combination with an avant-garde thing they balance, mute the feeling of «busting»
• you can always create a new image by adding accessories.
«Restraint things in the classic style meets the requirements of the basic wardrobe, where, as in a large and happy family between near and distant relatives, there is complete agreement. These requirements are quite stringent: simplicity, high quality performance, versatility».
A Year-Round Basis
This is the minimum set of things that must be in any closet and can always help you. They are versatile, neutral, high quality, suitable for any season, is out of fashion at least a few years, perfectly combined with each other and other things.
• PANTS: classic cut, straight. They can be worn with anything and anywhere, they tie together the entire wardrobe with them you can make countless combinations – for work, leisure and even for special occasions.
• SKIRT classic style, straight, knee length, chic and feminine at the same time. It is relevant all year round and goes well with all sorts of tops, blouses and jackets.
• DRESS simple style, medium length. In combination with accessories, scarves, belts is the basis for countless images from everyday to evening.
• WHITE BLOUSE classic cut looks chic and appropriate at the office and beyond.
• JACKET, fitted, classic cut, universal thing. It will be a couple of any items of basic wardrobe. Wonderful and elegant look with pants, skirts and dresses.
• T-SHIRT, white, short-sleeved — based layered clothing. She will always find a use: can be worn under a Jean jacket in the spring, shorts in summer, under warm jumper in winter.
• CARDIGAN, PULLOVER KNIT TOPS AND warm in the winter and will serve as a wonderful alternative to outerwear in the offseason.
• PUMPS classic style, leather, black and beige, universal, suitable for any outfit.
• BAG, classic, neutral colors; a STRAP of solid leather with classic and high quality buckle; SUNGLASSES, high-quality, classic frames; CLASSIC WATCH on a leather strap or metal bracelet; JEWELRY, small ring, string of pearls, diamond stud earrings, a gold chain, a thin bracelet; a SILK HANDKERCHIEF, a SCARF.
Versatility and ease
Go side by side, as simplicity is the basis of universality of basic wardrobe. Not to be confused with asceticism, «unassumingly», and boredom! Here is more question about «simple and clean» («clean and simple») style, which is preferred by many famous designers.
However, you need to understand that when the silhouette and colour of the net, every little thing is evident. Therefore, the simpler things are, the better they must be. To choose and buy the best, otherwise the whole effect of «pure and simple» will turn into «usually clean» or «pure rubbish».
Basic colors and fabrics
At the basis of the wardrobe, the preference for achromatic colors (white, black, gray), unsaturated shades of brown and neutral beige. They are versatile, unobtrusive, combine well with other flowers and, of course, practical.
For the base of the wardrobe should choose the natural quality of the fabric. Traditionally, for summer wear use: a lightweight silk, cotton, linen, blended fabric, viscose; for autumn and spring – tweed, boucle, knitwear; winter – woolen warm fabric, modern insulated materials, fur.
Oddly enough, but in order to create cost-effective closet, you first need solid investments. Basic things must be of excellent quality, while the weighty «brick» in the Foundation of the wardrobe, the more expensive it should be. Do not spare money for such things as their quality and versatility will ensure a long-lasting dividends for many years and will allow, at any time and in any situation to look spectacular.
In contrast to the universal stable basis of situational closet is individual, mobile and most sensitive to change. This is the part of the wardrobe that is going down the way of life and meets its fulfillment, occupations, profession, status, social circle etc. If it is well formed, you’ll be prepared for most situations and will not every time to wrestle with what to wear.
Before forming situational closet, you should carefully examine your lifestyle. During the month keep track of how many hours you spend on different spheres of life. Translate into a percentage for clarity graph. For example, 35% of the time you spend in the office and 20% at home, 15% devote to his passion (go to the Studio to paint), 10% communicate with friends outside the home, 5% — sports, etc. Then make a second chart with the same class, but which reflects the ratio of things in your wardrobe. Compare. If the chart is close, the things chosen rationally and are in harmony with your lifestyle, if you strongly disagree – there is a clear imbalance. Hence, unnecessary costs and hassle when choosing clothes. Immediately get rid of unnecessary things and buy new, really necessary for this period of life.
You may wonder how your custom closet is different from universal. «So in place of white cotton shirts you have may be a silk blue blouse. And jeans in the wardrobe might not be quite. What sense to buy the studs, if you spend the day busy toddler? Or why you simply two-piece suit, if in the profession and beliefs you are burdened by the dress code freelance artist?»
Capsules or kits
Unlike base, which consists of separate but coupled things absolutely, situational form closet sets or capsules, selected for specific tasks – «office», «sports», «the one», etc. the Principle of universality does not work here – then this part of the wardrobe would become monotonous and repetitive.
For each time of year need a few sets of clothes, from 4-5 to 15-20, depending on lifestyle. But, alas, this method is rather expensive as the kit, leaving fashion entirely leaves the Cabinet.
So the more popular the second method of forming a situational wardrobe – capsule. Things are selected so that they are easily grouped and one can create not one, but several sets. «And you get the thing you want, and arrange to their own taste with those that are already in the closet. It can even be transformed at the expense of accessories in different style options». It is much more convenient and economical option, guaranteeing diversity with a minimum of things.
The desire to be stylish rarely leaves anyone indifferent. Although the formation of his own style – not easy, and it’s worth it. In the words of Coco Chanel, «Fashion comes and goes, but style remains.» The most stylish women in the world are remarkably constant in the choice of clothing and that is worn every day.
A manifestation of style can be expressed more or less explicitly. Almost every thing, viewing it individually can be attributed to one of the four major styles: classic, romantic, sporty or dramatic. Inside each of them endless opportunities. The range of styles shows the styles, and what you have to be careful. Styles that are close on the Circle, can be easily combined and create the images and microtile. Styles that are on opposite poles are rarely combined.
In our country the seasons are expressed clearly, so no seasonal clothing are essential. Of course, each season has its own rules of formation of a wardrobe. Natalia Nydinskaya and Inessa trubetskova paint them in great detail – separate summer, autumn, spring and winter wardrobe. Almost 2/3 of the book is devoted description of seasonal bases and images, recommended styles, accessories, fabrics and prints etc.
Even a brief review for each time of year will be very large, so we restrict only basis.
Here are the seasonal base:
• Spring: dress, coat, trousers, skirt, city jacket, blouse, twin-set, leather bag, bright scarf, and pumps.
• Summer: crochet dress, white pants, shorts, t-shirts, Breton, windbreaker, swimsuit, sandals, sunglasses.
• Fall: leather jacket, cardigan, pencil skirt, ankle boots, jeans, gloves, sweater, scarf.
• Winter: coat, knit dress, pants, sweater, pullover, boots, sweaters, headgear.
If you think that collecting base, seasonal items and situational closet, did everything necessary, is very wrong. Stopping there, you will notice that your closet is quickly becoming obsolete. Even timeless classics does not mean «not a classic of the century», basic stuff is also subject to fashion – change fabric, features cut etc.
Therefore, to closet a modern look, have to keep their finger on the pulse. This does not mean you have to buy all the latest trend things from magazines. Just keep track of the latest trends and choose a few key trends that is most suitable for you and your wallet.
«Fashion items and accessories extend the capabilities of the wardrobe, bringing a bit of luxury, brilliance and personal charm. So while you are alive and active, your wardrobe needs to live an active life.»
And remember, «the right way to originality to be myself and choose things that emphasize the individuality. Diversity should be in the store. And in our wardrobe must be a rigorous selection of things. Then he will be perfect, we don’t get lost what to wear and suffer with the choice.»